Latest developments in medical devices and future projections
First, the medical device industry mergers and acquisitions high, but more rational.
1., the medical and health sector mergers and acquisitions boom unabated. Since October 2012, 129 cases have been completed in China's medical and health M & a market, and 108 cases of transaction value have been disclosed, and the transaction scale has reached 15 billion 324 million US dollars.
2., the field of medical equipment acquisitions scattered. In 2013, the amount of global mergers and acquisitions amounted to more than $27 billion, involving 19 segments of medical devices. Mainly to customers, IVD, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular, medical materials, dialysis, medical services and other fields. Among them, 15 cases of domestic mergers and acquisitions, large cross-border mergers and acquisitions of more than 20.
3., each segment is occupied by listed companies, the strong permanent strong, big eat small. Leading enterprises to suppress the survival of small enterprises, the enterprises in the back are high probability of mergers and acquisitions, small listed companies were mergers and acquisitions, delisting is no exception.
4., the internationalization trend of medical devices in China is obvious. The real wave of mergers and acquisitions in China's rise, overseas mergers and acquisitions continue to heat up the heat. Typical case: MINDRAY, minimally invasive, fosun.
Two 、 Department of orthopedics instruments and biomaterials
1., positioning advanced manufacturing, integration, refinement, and strong. Industry experienced 20 years of rapid development, into the integration and refinement stage, the overall growth slowed down, but still more rapid growth than most segments. The success of the industry fund in the majority of local manufacturing enterprises has played a big role in the big industry, but the industry has not yet seen the obvious effect.
2. Department of orthopedics implant status: traumatic field sales volume 70%, the market is highly fragmented; spine sales in China 36%, the market is relatively concentrated; joint field domestic sales of 30%, the market oligopoly.
3. Department of orthopedics implant acquisitions active market: the rapid development of the industry, the industry chain is relatively complete, the emergence of a number of star enterprises, capital markets focus on, local or joint ventures by the world's top ten companies mergers and acquisitions.
4., domestic enterprises breakout model: product innovation, service innovation, model innovation.
5. potential competitive micro molecular industry: sports medicine, implantable biomaterials, wound management, subdivision areas, surgical tools, etc..
6. new materials and technologies: 3D print technology, medical applications, personalized therapies, medical applications based on medical services and mobile internet.
Three diagnostic reagents / imaging equipment
The rapid growth of 1.IVD industry, the overall market size is expected to be about 20 billion, China still has a lot of room for growth, China's lifestyle changes are also driving the growth of IVD demand. Example: the per capita expenditure of IVD in Europe is 28 US dollars, and the per capita expenditure of IVD in Switzerland is 60 US dollars, and the per capita expenditure of IVD in China is 2 US dollars.
2., the concentration of industries has improved, and the competition has been fierce. There are more than 400 in vitro diagnostic enterprises in China, with large quantity, small scale, low overall quality and low technical level. The market share of domestic products is continuously rising and the market is concentrated. The global in vitro diagnostic industry is the "4 X" pattern, the top 10 enterprises accounted for 80% of the market share.
3., the industry attributes and internal requirements drive, mergers and acquisitions imperative. Industry scale enterprises above more than 200, mergers and acquisitions tide has just begun.
4., immunization and biochemistry are two major markets, and molecular diagnostics are developing rapidly and the market is still very small. As an important component of routine testing, immunization and biochemical testing are the two largest market segments.
5.IVD development direction: automated integrated diagnostics, POCT, collocation diagnostics in early stages, cross-border innovation based on mobile internet.
6., the medical imaging market is expanding rapidly and imaging demand is increasing, including the rapid growth of ultrasound equipment. The main drivers of growth are: lower cost requirements, clinical needs for low dose and rapid scan, upgrading of primary medical market diagnosis technology, and demand of information network era.
7. medical imaging market trends: remote port, mobile, portable.
Four 、 cardiovascular and cerebrovascular
1. cardiovascular and cerebrovascular is a big subdivision industry. From the product and technology point of view, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular prone products, such as stents similar star products, the entire industry is the industry, the capital sector pursued hot spots. From the market scale, rhythm, interventional stent is the first echelon products ($5 billion magnitude), peripheral and electrophysiology is the second echelon (20-30 billion magnitude), and cardiovascular surgery, valve occluder and other products is the third echelon.
2. coronary stent is a big star products, rapid growth in implants, but due to bidding and competition factors, prices have declined. From the product point of view, the stent competition is fierce, the corresponding supporting balloon, catheter and related supplies production enterprises less stent. From a market share, Medtronic, Abbott and poko first echelon, about 30% market share for other domestic enterprises, such as minimally invasive, Dunlop, Ji wei.
3.. The future trends of cardiovascular intervention: intravascular ultrasound application in PCI, optical coherence tomography, flow reserve fraction detection, percutaneous aortic valve replacement, and PCI robotics.
Five, medical emerging industry technology
1., traditional medical technology mainly aims at medical treatment. Emerging medical technology positioning: from medical to health, smart medical model. Based on Internet technology, electronic consumer products, big data and other emerging industries created by mobile medical, wearable devices, smart medical model. The various segments of medical care, from diagnosis, care, treatment, medication, services, personalized medical access into a new era of intelligence.
2. medical industry technology, focusing on disease prevention, clinical diagnosis and treatment, health promotion needs into integration, noninvasive detection, dynamic monitoring, minimally invasive treatment and accurate treatment of the direction of development of new technologies, improve the medical doctor